Seven state officials will be honored tonight for their extraordinary public service by the American Society for Public Administration's Sacramento chapter. The event at the Embassy Suites at 100 Capital Mall, comes during Public Service Recognition Week, a national observance of the role of state, local and federal employees in promoting the common good.
Here's the list of award winners:
- Outstanding Public Administrator: Elaine Howle, California State Auditor
- Ross Clayton Lifetime Distinguished Public Service: John Shirey, California Redevelopment Association
- Government Innovation: Denzil Verardo, California Department of Toxic Substances Control
- Intergovernmental Cooperation: Stuart Drown, Little Hoover Commission
- Community Service: Gregory A. Franklin, CalPERS
- Chester A. Newland Academic Excellence: Carol Huston, CSU Chico
- President's Award: Alice Tom, CSU Sacramento
- Rising Star: Ana Estrada, Nonprofit Consultant
The awards presentation begins at 8 p.m. after a 6 p.m. social and 7 p.m. dinner.