Like you don't already have a thousand things to do this weekend, but when beauty and fashion call ... we jump!
Here are some events you might want to check out. And, wouldn't it be cool if you got some yule shopping done at the same time?
* Strands Salon and Spa (3271 Folsom Blvd.): The salon is hosting a "Wish Upon Aveda" holiday open house from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday. And, to make things even more exciting, the salon is offering a double-points day for anyone with a "pure privilege" card. For more information: (916) 451-4949.
* Fashion boutique: Elk Grove is the address for an event called Fabulous Fashion Boutique. It's from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday at 3572 Pacifica Lane. The event will feature six fashion lines, plus accessories such as handbags and jewelry. The lines include: Weekenders, Destinations, TravelWear by Jacqueline, Multiples USA and Colesce Couture. And there's Cookie Lee Jewelry and A Sow's Ear Mobile Boutique. If you RSVP to Valerie Largin at (916) 247-0313 - and bring friends - you'll earn savings coupons.
* Wellness party: Simple Serenity Spa is hosting its Holiday Wellness Party from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at 7920 Alta Sunrise Drive in Citrus Heights. There will be free massages, discounts on spa products, gift bags, gym passes and eyelash-extension demos. For more information: (916) 962-3200.
* Trunk show: The Wardrobe in Davis (206 E St.) will host a trunk show from noon to 5 p.m. Saturday featuring the Sorrelli jewelry collection, including earrings, necklaces and bracelets. For more information: (530) 756-1128.
* Fashion show: The Pence Art Gallery and Five Figs boutique are partnering for a holiday fashion show and tea from 4 to 6 p.m. Sunday at the gallery, 212 D St., also in Davis. It will be an afternoon of tea, cake, art and, of course, holiday couture. The event is free to gallery members, $10 for non-members. Reservations are required at (530) 758-3370.