Has it been two years since Blush Boutique opened?
The answer is yes! And after two years at 28th and N streets, owner Valerie Werder has moved her store, to 2317 J St. in midtown (where Rikiís clothing store was previously and where Fleet Feet Outdoor for Women is currently).
Valerie's passion for fashion certainly hasn't disappeared with her relocation. Blush has, since its doors opened, carried some of the most influential designers in the business, including Nanette Lepore, Tory Burch and Anna Sui, along with more hard-to-find lines.
ďWe are excited to be on J Street," Valerie says in an e-mail. "Itís a great location, right in the heart of the midtown excitement. The new location offers easy access to our customers, and itís a great showplace for the unique designers we carry.Ē
I couldn't agree more. Let's be honest, with the parking lot construction going on at N and 28th, it's darn near impossible to get around unless you're on foot!
Meanwhile, Valerie was kind enough to offer her own tips for freshening up your wardrobe. They include:
* Add color because≠ it will spice up your wardrobe immediately. If youíre not comfortable wearing color, incorporate a vibrant accessory, such as a belt, purse or even shoes.
* Wear a dress anytime ≠because itís versatile and perfect for any occasion, including work, play, a barbeque, picnic or an evening out.
* Everyone should own a tunic (a comfortable, but fitted top) ≠because itís great for all body shapes and sizes.
* Don't be afraid to wear all white.
* Don't shy away from clothing with texture; crocheted and embroidered details, for instance, are very stylish and feminine.
* Don't be wary of geometric patterns, florals or blooms; they can be fashion helpers.
Hours for Blush Boutique are 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Mondays; 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Tuesdays through Fridays, and 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturdays. For more info: (916) 457-7139.