If your Fourth of July plans include a trip to Sparks, Nev., - maybe even a stay at John Ascuaga's Nugget Casino Resort - the casino is planning a big photo contest tomorrow that's free and open to the public (21 and over).
Winners will be treated to a weekend getaway including a room package and dinners.
Here's how it works:
You can enter one digital photo per category: fireworks, people and Victorian Square scenes, activities and entertainment. (You can choose only one category if you like.) The event is from 4 to 10 p.m.
(FYI: For those of you who have been to Sparks or the Nugget - or haven't - Victorian Square is in downtown Sparks just outside the hotel/casino. You can't miss it. It's kind of like the Union Square of Sparks.)
* Photos submitted must be at least 1024 x 768 pixels and no larger than 5 MB in file size (JPG format). Digital files only! Both color and black and white images are OK.
* E-mail your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Put 2008 Nugget Photo Contest in the subject line.
* Include the following info: Name, address, phone number and e-mail. Also, where the photo was taken and a short description.
A hint to photographers: Do your best to show the categories. Make the judges see the connection to the event.
What are the no-nos?
* Entering a copyrighted image or an image you didn't take.
* Entering an image for advertising purposes.
* Showing nudity, drug use or violent/hateful acts.
A panel of John Ascuaga's Nugget judges will choose the finalists in each category based on artistry and the overall "Sparks" flying on the Fourth theme. Those images will be posted on Jannugget.com by July 15 for public voting. The photo with the highest average score in each category wins!
So pack your camera gear and head up the hill.